Limited Company TaxWestland Tax & Accountancy Ltd, Dublin accountants and tax advisors, will provide advice on best practices for limited companies on how to efficiently organise the company tax affairs.
The main corporation tax rates in force for companies at present are:
|Passive income - Rental Income, Investment Income, etc.||25%|
|Capital Gains on most assets||25%|
Tax efficiencies can often be achieved through
- Maximising profits liable at the lower 12.5% corporation tax rate
- Advising on potential risk areas where other corporation tax rates may apply
- Ensuring that all tax deductible items, including capital allowances and interest paid, are accounted for correctly
- Prepare your company's Corporation Tax Return
- Advise on Preliminary Corporation Tax
- Prepare your Directors' Income Tax Returns
In addition all companies are obliged to pay Preliminary Tax on profits (Tax on account for the current period). You should always consult your Tax Advisor in good time.
Effective 1st January 2009 start up trading companies whose liability to Corporation Tax does not exceed €40,000 are exempt from Corporation Tax for the first three years. Various terms and conditions apply.
Directors' Tax ReturnsMost Irish Company Directors are obliged to file Personal Income Tax Returns each year. Failure to file a return on time will lead to a surcharge on the amount of tax due including tax already paid through PAYE. Read about our Income Tax Returns services for Directors.
For all your accountancy and tax advisor requirements and for a no obligation initial meeting - contact us now.